We are still a week away from the first official day of Spring but it seems like Spring skipped us and we’ve jumped straight to Summer in Northern VA. It has been reaching 82 degrees at my house this week!
When the weather warms, sleeves get shorter and do you know what that means?! It’s bracelet season! To celebrate, I am hosting a Wrapped, Stacked & Layered Bracelet Challenge.
The trend of wrapped, stacked and layered bracelets has been around for awhile and it shows no signs of stopping! Bracelets of all kinds mixed together in new and unique ways are bigger than ever. The coolest part is this bracelet layering Paloozza can be adapted for all styles!
I would love for you to participate in this fun, creative style challenge! It’s easy. You have plenty of time. You can win a prize.
Here Are The Details:
* Gather bracelets you currently have in your collection. Try them on together in new and interesting ways.
* Take your favorite combination(s) and make a new bracelet or two to add to the mix. Or, you can go crazy and create a whole new collection! Your challenge is just to create an interesting assemblage of wrapped, stacked and or layered bracelets.
* Not all of the bracelets you layer have to be made by you. You can even add a favorite watch. But do, make sure that at least one – ideally two bracelets are made by you.
* You can layer as many as you want – the more the merrier! It does not have to be a grouping you would actually wear everyday. It can be totally over the top or just perfectly you. They can be any style. There has to be at least three total bracelets to layer together.
* Have fun and mix colors, textures and different materials. I would love to see all styles. Metalwork, wirework, art beads, leather wrap bracelets, stretch bracelets, macrame, beaded wraps, multistrands – The sky is the limit!
* Keep in mind that each bracelet can be as simple or as busy and complex as you want. It is more about creating a collection of bracelets that work together!
* Take a photo of the bracelets. You can be wearing them, have someone else model them, stack them or wrap them around a prop and take a picture of them.
* Leave a comment letting me know you want to participate. Make sure your name, email address, blog, tumblr and or other accessible online address is listed. I am going to give you plenty of time to do this. You must let me know you want to participate by Monday April 2nd, 2012. The big reveal will be on Saturday April 21st – after everyone’s Spring Break is over.
I have to stress that you need to have a blog, a tumblr or an online open photo source for me to share a link to your photos. If you do have a blog and you want to post all of the links in a blog hop style, I will make those available to you . I am not able to post all of the pictures on my blog. On Saturday the 21st, I will post all the links on my blog and you can do the same (if you have a blog) for people to visit and gather inspiration from.
To top if off, I will be doing a Giveaway. Everyone that creates a Stacked & Layered Bracelet Collection will be entered to win a prize. One lucky random winner will receive free access to a video tutorial on how to make a new reverse style of leather beaded wrap bracelet with a unique stitch – like the one pictured in the middle of the first photo below. I will also send a package with beads, leather, bead string and the button to create your first one. The giveaway is open to my friends outside the U.S. as well! This tutorial will be part of a more comprehensive online video workshop I am working on to be finished in the next month or so. Crossing my fingers!
Here is a link to my Pinterest Board called Arm Candy Shots. I will be searching around for more cool collections and I can’t wait to add to this board after I see all of your Wrapped, Stacked and Layered bracelet creations!
Let me know if you have any questions!